Photo Credit: Getty Images

Nick Cannon, father of 12 children with six different women, has made it clear that he has no plans to undergo a vasectomy anytime soon. Despite acknowledging that the procedure would be “the responsible thing to do,” the 44-year-old comedian believes his journey of fatherhood is
far from over.

During the March 17 episode of his We Playin’ Spades podcast, former NFL player Channing Crowder jokingly suggested that Cannon should consider getting a vasectomy. In response, Cannon quipped, “Feel like this is an intervention.” However, he admitted that while the procedure may be the responsible choice, he is simply “not done.”

When co-host Courtney Bee expressed disbelief at his desire for more children, Cannon responded, “Why not? I leave it to the Lord.” He remained uncertain when asked whether he planned to have more kids with his current partners or new ones, saying, “I don’t know, that’s the thing. I leave it to the Lord.”

Adding a humorous twist to the conversation, Cannon revealed that he has taken extra precautions to protect his masculinity—literally. “My balls are insured for $10 million,” he joked. “That’s precious cargo. That’s why I said my work is not done.”

Cannon has previously spoken about his unconventional approach to parenthood, admitting that most of his children were not planned. “As much as I was open to every single child that I have, I can’t say the majority of them were planned,” he said in a 2023 episode of The Language of Love with Dr. Laura Berman. Reflecting on his journey, he added, “If you would have told me in 2012 when I was still married and just diagnosed with lupus that 10 years from now I would have 12 children, I’d be like, there is no way in the world that I would ever plan that or that would happen.”

Despite considering a vasectomy in the past, Cannon has ultimately decided against it. “The more, the merrier,” he said. “We roll the dice to the name and what you will build.”